Last Updated: August 2018
This is intended to be a running log of updates to the data files for the FDA, available on the FTP site. Credentials can be provided upon request.
- Mintel Record ID and link to Mintel GNPD image were added to the Raw Data File. These were previously separate files.
- %DV now available for July 2018 Mintel Data, and will be included in monthly deliveries moving forward. This is also reflected in Explore. Note, backfill of historical Mintel %DV is currently in progress.
- Addition of the following standardized UPC formats (available for LI, Mintel, Gladson sources):
- UPC as it appears on Pack
- A “transformed” 12 digit UPC-A code into 8 digits, commonly used on small package formats.
- A standardized 12 digit upc. If the UPC-A is a registered GTIN at the “each” level with GS1, that UPC-A is also considered a GTIN-12. A GTIN-12 includes a standardized company prefix, assigned by GS1.
- A standardized 14 digit GTIN, designating the “case” level hierarchy of a product (as opposed to the “each” level). It is common to prefix leading zeros onto a GTIN-12 to make it a GTIN-14 if the item does not have a different case level GTIN-14. A GTIN-14 includes a company prefix, assigned by GS1.
- A standardized 13 digit upc, commonly used in Europe and outside the US.
- A “transformed” 13 digit EAN-13 into 8 digits, commonly used on small package formats, and used in Europe and outside the US.
- On Pack
- UPC E
- UPC A
- GTIN 14
- EAN 13
- EAN 8
- Label Version (*only available for Label Insight source products)
- Not a Significant Source of Statement (*only available for Label Insight source products)
- Verbatim where applicable
- Additional Files Added:
- Mintel Image Product Data (CSV and XLSX). Includes Mintel Record ID, and link to Mintel GNPD image.
- Removal of “calculated nutrients” (Sodium per calorie, calories from sat fat percent, etc.). Removal was done upon request to make nutrients 1:1 with what appears on the label.